Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

On 3/26/2016 1:49 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 09:21:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Again, that's backwards of my experience. I've found,
and read, that alkalines have much higher capacity and
much longer shelf life. One time for some thing to do,
I did mix and match alkalines and carbon zincs. I found
alkalines last four times longer. Both in low and high
drain applications.

Well I have a big box of "heavy duty" batteries that have been "on
the shelf" for ofer 5 years and are still in perfect operating
condition......

If they are (which I doubt), it doesn't
prove anything.

--