Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Some customers...

On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 2:26:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
"f you have an questions, please consult a real attorney. "

HA. Half of them are incompetent and the other half, well...

Shakespeare had it dead-right in his play Henry VI. Killing the lawyers was the sure route to tyranny, not the means to restore sanity to society.

Keep in mind that it is "society" that gives or has given us every evil from the Crusades to Jihad and ISIS, from Empress Wu to Donald Trump. Society is essentially insane, and functions only through pitiless and unrelenting control. Where such control has been destroyed, all remnants of societal function have failed. Modern examples include former strong-man states (Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq) where leadership was removed, not deposed. States where leadership was deposed (Iran, Soviet Russia, Balkans amongst others) function today after a fashion, and after an often horrendous shaking out - but they function none-the-less.

Circling back to electronics - we get exactly what we deserve, neither more nor less. It is entirely possible to purchase well-made electronics that are maintainable and have a truly indefinite service life - with that maintenance. Including all consumer entertainment electronics in this household, the newest daily-driver type item is a 6-year old blue-ray player to match the 8 year old plasma TV. The oldest is a 1962 tube stereo amplifier. If hobby (and functional) electronics are included, that would be a 1919 5-tube home-brew TRF radio driving a Magnavox horn.

If that first pair of $3.29 pair of Chinese underwear stayed on the shelf for the $3.69 pair of home-country underwear, we would not have this issue. But we are all-to-fast ready to give up our neighbor's jobs to 'save' that $0.40. Not quite understanding that without our neighbor's jobs our own are not long for this world.

Sorry for the insertion of politics here - but feeling sorry for ourselves is the last collective and several refuges for cowards. And "Let George Do It" is how we got here in the first place. The Chinese have not "taken" one single job from any one any where at any time. They were handed each and every one of those jobs complete and together with the plea "PLEASE take this burden from us!"

And. Lest ye "first world" people think for one hummingbird heartbeat that control over *you* is not pitiless - consider how much *you* are regulated, and at every turn. Between taxes, leases, licenses of various sorts, permits, insurance, credit cards, cash-transaction limits, speed limits, stop lights, parking meters, passports, health insurance, deeds, titles and on and on and on...

Put another way, Anarchy Bitch.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA