Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Weird!

On 26 Mar 2016 18:05:20 GMT, KenK wrote:

Meanie wrote in :

If the vehicle must remain in the open, I suggest tamper resistant
bolts/screws and nuts. Though, not impossible to remove, they won't fit
the common screwdrivers most thieves carry with them for easy removal.
Upon that realization, they usually move on to the next victim, unless
your car is that rare one they want, then they may return with proper
tools.

I have a set of bits and a handle for these types. So far I've only seen
them in telephone company connections.

I wonder where you can get these screws? I can't recall seeing them in
Lowes, Home Depot, Tru-Value, etc. though I've never specifically looked
for them there.

See tamper proof fasteners: Also has "UN-DO-IT" REMOVAL TOOLS", page
bottom.

http://www.tamperproof.com/categories/one-way-slotted.html

Helped the neighbor install a metal security door the other day. ~ 4"
one way screws to fasten the frame to the brick molding. A special
bit came with the door to drive them in.