Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Two-Stroke Engine Fuel Ratios

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 12:40:02 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/26/2016 11:34 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 11:10:59 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I suspect the difference in ratio is based on the
machining and manufacturing -- hard versus soft
steel for example.

IDK either, but I think there is a trend over time, no?
That new engines use less oil? Are there still new engines
that use 32:1?, etc. Less would be better to reduce emissions.
And the new oils are better, synthetic, so less can be used.

I've heard some of the new synthetic oils run
100:1, but not sure I'd trust that lean a mix.

Several of the 100:1 synthetics have been "recalled/relabelled: with
cautions not to use beyond 50:1, apparently.