Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Weird!

On 03/26/2016 09:02 AM, KenK wrote:
Strange day! Yesterday (Friday) morning I went out to the car for
something. The license plate caught my eye. Wrong number. Checked
registration. Sure enough. Car hadn't been moved since early Wednesday
morning, Called sheriff. Deputy and I removed plate. He found one of the
screws on the ground under the bumper. So evidently the swap was done in
my driveway.

Deputy did check on plate. Went to registered address. Found that car had
replaced plate too - but not mine. Coincidentally, car was same make and
model as mine, but four years older. I printed out a 3-day permit to put
on back window so I can drive without plate and will go to DMV Monday
morning. Wonder what that will cost me?

What in the world is going on? Someone is going car to car changing
license plates? Dangerous too. Why? Causing lots of wasted time and worry
for car owners? Halloween moved to Good Friday?

I thought this might be interesting to some of you. Any theories?

Just a guess, but I suppose your plate will be used on a car that will
be involved in a robbery or possibly worse.

By swapping (rather than simply taking it) they hoped you would not notice.