Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Spraying used oil

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:41:23 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:
Am Dienstag, 22. M?rz 2016 02:02:30 UTC+1 schrieb Ignoramus3828:
I need to spray used oil on a number of truck frames etc.

I would like to know what is a good solution, preferably compressor
driven, that would make a good spray pattern and preferably not too
much overspray.

I've done this before. I used an empty carbon dioxide fire extinguisher. I soldered a garden sprayer nozzle into the output tube and a Schrader valve into a hole in the brass neck. Unscrew the whole top, fill to about 2/3 with oil and then reassemble and charge with air to 8 or 10 bar using a compressor. It works well. I might have a picture of it somewhere.

That would be fun if somebody used it to put out a fire.

I have one done that way, that the grand kids used as a Super Soaker
in the summer time.

Gunner