Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Someday is here !

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:51:49 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Several years ago , while browsing in one of the tourist trap secondhand
stores here , I bought a saw tooth setting device for hand saws because I
just knew someday I'd need it . Well , today I needed it . I have some
pocket cuts to make on the support timbers (6x6's)for our new kitchen , and
they need to be pretty precise . Too deep for the circular saw , chainsaw is
no way going to do it , and the recip saw has a tendency to wander on deep
cuts ... so today I tuned up a crosscut and a rip hand saw . Reset the teeth
and sharpened them with a tricorner file and now we're cookin' . I'll likely
use the smallest chainsaw to rough the pocket in , cutting a quarter inch
long of the mark so I'll only have a sliver to trim off .

Excellent. Saw sets work well and easily, making the saw work much
more easily for you. Ditto files.

--
Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
-- Thomas Jefferson