Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default magnifier

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:39:54 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I picked up an AM-Scope from Ebay a few years ago and use it all the time.
Works great!! This particular unit has up to 80X with a different insert.
I've only used the higher mag once but it was useful for the task.
These take a little practice, but are best for SMD work.
Dan

Yep. I just ran a screen capture of an SMD device with the cheap
640x480 USB camera placed as close to the PCB as possible.
Illuminination is by the LED ring built into the USB camera:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/USB%20Camera/AmScope/
The small photo is 640x480 as captured by the AmScope 3.7 software.
The large photo is a screen grab of the program, with a few menus
showing, and the image expanded 2x (fit to window). Not too horrible
for a $12 camera:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/351620052002
The down side is that the gimbal mount is impossible to tighten enough
to keep the assembly from falling over, the clamp around the camera
body had to be glued in place to keep it from falling off, and the
LED's are intermittent (bang on case to operate).
--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558