Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

Vic Smith wrote in
:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:23:41 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/25/2016 1:17 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:11:25 -0400, Stormin Mormon
IIRC, I had some Duracell D size batteries leak,
new in the package. Quality of every thing is gone
to naught. I've also had Rayovac D cells leak,
also new in the package. And had Energizers leak.
Again, new in the package.
What was the expiry date on the batteries? How long past EOL were
they? I havw a box full of cheap "Chateau" brand non-alkaline
batteries that are over 5 years old (were leftover stock from a
friend's "dollar store" that he closed at least 5 years ago) and NONE
have leaked, and well over 80% tested fully charged when I got them a
year ago. c, d, and 9 volt.

Can't remember, and didn't take any notes. Sorry.

Why didn't you take notes? Shame on you.

And filed them, carefully indexed, next to the computer, in case anyone
here might ask. That's the least you could do for us. After all, we're
all just trying to help.