Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 08:11:25 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/25/2016 7:19 AM, Tony wrote:
On 03/25/2016 04:44 AM, Raymond wrote:
replying to Jan Philips, Raymond wrote:
I've had the same problem. Totally ruined my Maglite D cell
flashlight and
the AA cells leaked in two of my Fenix LED flashlights. I managed to
save
them at least. Just threw all my remaining RayOVac batteries in the
trash and
picked up some Duracells.

Duracells will leak too after they are partially discharged.

IIRC, I had some Duracell D size batteries leak,
new in the package. Quality of every thing is gone
to naught. I've also had Rayovac D cells leak,
also new in the package. And had Energizers leak.
Again, new in the package.

What was the expiry date on the batteries? How long past EOL were
they? I havw a box full of cheap "Chateau" brand non-alkaline
batteries that are over 5 years old (were leftover stock from a
friend's "dollar store" that he closed at least 5 years ago) and NONE
have leaked, and well over 80% tested fully charged when I got them a
year ago. c, d, and 9 volt.