Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default magnifier

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:35:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 10:51:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I need to purchase a magnifier so that I'll be able to ...le are using to do this. Thanks, Lenny

The dentist wears a headset rig that allows him to work from at least an arms length away. I've seen pictures of doctors wearing similar magnifiers.

Those are wide-field opera glasses; two small telescopes, mounted accurately to an eyeglass frame.
It's a bit expensive, and you MUST have them custom-fitted, so it's hard to try before you buy.
Designs for Vision is a supplier.
http://www.designsforvision.com/