Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Some customers...

On 3/25/2016 6:32 AM, wrote:

i'm surprised that Yamaha is covering this. Usually, customer caused failures are not covered. I recall having discussions with customers about similar types of repair requests. It seems that they think that anything that failes regardless of the cause is covered. Not the case. Physically broken parts are not usually covered. In one case, a Sony diskman (portable CD player) had the cover broken off. The owner actually thought that this would be covered under warranty. I questioned what manufaturing defect "caused" this problem and did not get an answer...

Dan

Back in the 70's my Pioneer SX-828's protection circuit did it's job
and saved my several repairs.
Mikek