Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Some customers...

On 25/03/2016 10:48, Mark Zacharias wrote:
How is it a grown man cannot understand the concept of keeping two wires
separate?

Fixed a Yamaha RX-A2010 with a blown channel back in December.

Under warranty.

Big job.

Cautioned him on speaker hook-ups, gave him our hand-out sheet
explaining speaker connections,
which also contains explicit warnings about shorting wires etc.

Nevertheless he brought it back this week with the same channel blown
again.

It was all I could do not to just go off on the guy. He admitted fooling
around with the wires while the unit was powered up, and that the wires
had crossed. Exactly the sort of thing I had "educated" him about.

****ing idiot. Lucky for him Yamaha is covering it again, and we needed
the work anyway.

**** for brains god damn idiot. I knew better that this when I was
sixteen ****ing years old!

I'm reminded of Chevy Chase's rant in Christmas Vacation...

Mark Z.

I have a customer who keeps breaking things, often fatally, because he
picks up the nearest wallwart, having mislaid the original one, because
it looks the same size black lump and the connector pushes in, so it
must be ok .