Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del John-Del is offline

Default magnifier

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 6:12:18 AM UTC-4, Look165 wrote:
Got the same problem.

The Linear Tools 59-650-747 is ideal (about 25$) :

Multi-coated Acrylic Lenses offer a choice of 4 magnification powers via
combination of fixed , flip-up and monocle lenses: 1.5, 3.0, 9.0 and 10.5
Adjustable light incorporated.

The acrylic lens scares me. I've had plastic lens visors and always scratched them and spotted them with over spray from aggressive deflux chemicals. I admit that I haven't always been very careful.

I have two pairs of OptiVisors with the blue lens inserts. The blue lens are glass while the clear lens are acrylic, which explains the price difference. I have the number 7 inserts and am going to get a 10 as my eyes are aging.

With the Opti 7s, I can put in typical plasma scan buffer ICs with no problem.