Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Shaving off door bottom

David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
David Lang wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Stuart Noble wrote

Here's the thing. Pro door hangers use a plane because often they
don't have the space to lay the door out on sawhorses or whatever
and, because they do sod all else all day, they're pretty good at
it. For the rest of us, and I include chippies who don't hang doors
all day long, the circ saw method is pretty foolproof

Like hell it is. The problem with using a circular saw is that it is
MUCH harder for someone who has never done a door before to work out
how much to take off. MUCH safer to trim the door gradually with a
plane until it clears the new carpet or tiles.

Or do it properly and get it right first time.

Very unlikely the OP would manage to do that
and even if he does, there is a lot more work to
make a sawboard that he obviously doesn’t have
than to do it with an electric plane more safely
for the door and get a perfectly acceptable result.

You have clearly never used an electric plane.

There you go again, face down in the ****ing mud, as always.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should be
able to use groups.google and see where I have
had quite a bit to say about where I have used
one, long before you ever showed up, thanks.