Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Computer Nerd Kev Computer Nerd Kev is offline

Default Replacement LED?

In sci.electronics.components Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 22:56:51 -0700, DaveC wrote:

I like this model for its good trade-off between brightness and battery life.

Some day, someone will design a flashlight with an automatic PWM light
dimmer. Shine the light at something bright, and the flashlight runs
at full brightness. Shine it at something in the dark, and it goes to
fairly dim.

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea to put in my planned LED torch project,
which was going to have a manual dimmer anyway. I guess an LDR would be
suitable? Maybe mount it in a small tube to make it directional?

I guess I'll have to find an LDR and wave it around with my multimeter
attached. Ahh, the dignity of research.

--
__ __