Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Vertical Grab Bar: Only Two Screws?

(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

Just watched a vid of the process and they only used a single screw at
each end of the bar.

On one hand, it makes sense:

- With two holes exactly centered on the stud,
the hole that is under the bar is inaccessible,
leaving only the "Outside" hole.

- Offsetting the holes enough that both a top
and bottom hole are accessible seems like it is
flirting with screwing into one or both
edges of the underlying stud.

On the other hand.... just 2 screws ????

Yeah, each screw is 2" long... but still...

Can somebody make me feel better about this?

That's how the manufacturer made and rated it. The ones I have in my house
are three screws each end. I had to block out the finished wall to my
satisfaction.

Look at stair handrails. Some of the ones I've seen look pretty sketchy but
work.

I am no lightweight. I see your later posting that you are happy-good.

DAGS on Sheetrock screws and there has been much discussion here on their
durability (none). Work for their intended purpose. I would like to find a Z
bolt to fix my miscalculations.

--
Tekkie