Posted to alt.home.repair
Aardvark[_3_] Aardvark[_3_] is offline

Default Guns in America

"Mr Macaw" Wrote in message:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 01:55:41 -0000, Aardvark wrote:

Oren Wrote in message:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:14:20 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark
wrote:

Oren Wrote in message:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:53:08 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark
wrote:

In your country they all seem to use weapons. Our criminals hardly
ever do.

3 of 5 convicted felons surveyed, using guns. say would not target a
person if they thought the intended victim had a gun. They prey upon
the weak, not the well armed. Fact.

In this country they generally don't use weapons and prey on those
they *hope* are weak.

That's why the criminals have chocolate delivered to their cells and
placed on the pillows.

People are sent to prison *as* punishment in this country, not
*for* punishment. Such is the case in all civilised
countries.

Those two statements mean precisely the same to me.

That statement doesn't surprise me in the least.

What is the difference?

One phrase uses the word 'as', the other the word 'for', thus
making their meanings completely different.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/