Stellijer

Default Sources of info to retrieve data off failing (failed) harddrives.

Ian Molton wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:07:57 -0200
Chaos Master wrote:

If the problem is on the logic part, try getting the circuit board
from an IDENTICAL hard drive. (Sometimes this works; I've seen this
done)

If its a quantum, all the Fireball TM models share the same logic (I
know, I've done it and it worked).

It's a WD Caviar drive.

I know for a fact at least their 80gb models have different logic boards. I
know because I looked at different series versions of the same model and there
was no question the logic board was different. How much that difference makes
is unknown but it's not a good chance.

Right now, I'd rather look around for the SAME exact series on eBay as opposed
to risking purchasing one of a different series. It's not like I can just LOOK
at them in this case since I'd be buying it off eBay.

Now, *IF* I can't find the right series in a month or two, I may chance it and
try a different one. Nonetheless, I have hopes of finding the right one given
time.