Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Lang David Lang is offline

Default Shaving off door bottom

On 24/03/2016 00:07, Rod Speed wrote:
David Lang wrote
John Smith wrote

Wife has fitted a new carpet in a room and now door won't shut as
pile is too thick. What's the best tool to take off a bit off the
bottom - a plane I presume but I've not used one for years so what's
a reasonable low cost one.

A plane isn't the right tool to trim the bottom of a door,

It works fine there with an electric plane.

it's fine on the edges.

Its fine for the bottom too and is a lot easier to use
taking off a bit at a time so you don’t end up with too
much of a gap under the door when you are finished.

You need a circular saw and a sawboard

Nowhere near as good IMO.

I've trimmed around 15 doors this year. Trust me, it's quicker & more
accurate.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman