Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Carpet Tape

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 07:17:26 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Pavel314 wrote:
I used two-sided carpet tape to hold a small, fire-proof rug in front
of the wood stove in the living room. When I removed the rug the
other day, most of the tape came up easily but some is firmly
attached to the wall-to-wall carpet below. Any ideas on how to loosen
the tape for removal without damaging the carpet? Maybe just soap and
water?

Paul

Have you tried goo-gone or goof-off ? The problem is that anything that
softens the adhesive may leave you with a sticky residue on the carpet .
Maybe you can try chilling it with ice and cracking it off ?

Goop or Gojo hand cleaner, or similar......
Work it in well. It wont harm the carpeting, but you'll need to clean it
off after with some soap and water.

(I'd use the non-abrasive type).