Michael Black

Default (Found while surfing) Interesting, cheap source of parts, schematics, repair docs...

Peter Lowrie ) writes:
~^Johnny^~ wrote:

I stumbled upon this site quite by accident.
(And no, I don't work for them, so if you are dumb enough
to report me for SPAMMING, then the joke is on you) ;-
http://www.icxinyi.com/EN/
~~~~~~~~

Yo Johnny

Their prices are unbelievably cheap. Haven't purchased any yet so it remains
to be seen how their service stacks up.

In any case this is not spam. Putting ads in NG's is ok according to most
charters..."...provided restraint is exercised"

Ppl confuse spam with ad posts, and yes, the joke is on them. LOL.

Get a clue.

"Found while surfing" does tend to indicate it is an ad.

The fact that the guy posted to
sci.electronics
sci.electronics.misc
sci.electronics.repair
further suggests he is pushing the site, since the first became
a bogus newsgroup when it was split into the various subgroups
we have today and have had since 1995. And while he puts in
the dead group, and the misc one, he doesn't bother with an obvious,
..components This too indicates a lack of familiarity with the hierarchy,
which only adds to the impression that he's here for self-promotion.
Other telltales would be a lack of posts to these newsgroups (I didn't
check extensively, but some skimming of the archive shows nothing),
and his over the top munging of his email address. Often, the ones
who spam the most are the ones who fear spam the most.

And before you go around giving permission for ads, you really ought
to pay attentiion.

None of the newsgroups in the sci.electronics.* hierarchy are
for ads. Read about it in Mark Zenier's guide to the hierarchy
at ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/seguide9706.txt Mark was
one of the people, maybe the most significant one, behind the split
of the hierarchy back in '95.

The place for related ads is misc.industry.electronics.marketplace
and even then it isn't a catchall forsale newsgroup.

Also of interest, as I mentioned just last week when someone similarly
felt ads were allowed, would be rec.radio.swap And of course,
there are always local and regional buy and sell newsgroups.

If the guy's not connected to the site, he hasn't proved it yet.
And until he proves he has more interest in the newsgroups
than to promote the site, I will not take it for a helpful
pointer but as an ad.

Michael