Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default should DIY be a green cause

On 23/03/2016 09:39, Syd Rumpo wrote:
On 23/03/2016 03:39, Bill Wright wrote:
In the interests of the conservation of materials and energy, should not
DIY, especially the repair of goods, be a priority for the environmental
movement?

Bill

DIY often results in a great deal of unused product which a professional
would use on another job, as well as often entailing multiple visits to
B&Q.

If you think DIY wastes materials, you should see the way some of the
commercial builders operate... I have seen complete pallets of unopened
materials loaded into skips at the end of the job as they have no way to
transport or store the unused materials. Site hordings made from
hundreds of sheets of WBP ply simply burnt on site etc.

It also wastes plasters and bandages.

I thought leaving them in the box wasted them ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.