Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Guns in America

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:22:13 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 23/03/2016 14:21, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:16:39 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 23/03/2016 14:04, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 01:55:41 -0000, Aardvark
wrote:

Oren Wrote in message:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:14:20 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark
wrote:

Oren Wrote in message:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:53:08 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark
wrote:

In your country they all seem to use weapons. Our criminals hardly
ever do.

3 of 5 convicted felons surveyed, using guns. say would not target a
person if they thought the intended victim had a gun. They prey
upon
the weak, not the well armed. Fact.

In this country they generally don't use weapons and prey on those
they *hope* are weak.

That's why the criminals have chocolate delivered to their cells and
placed on the pillows.

People are sent to prison *as* punishment in this country, not
*for* punishment. Such is the case in all civilised
countries.

Those two statements mean precisely the same to me. What is the
difference?

Sent to prison *as punishment* ie: being deprived of your liberty, but
not *for further punishment* ie; being deprived of your basic human
rights/ hard labour or any other extra punishment.
Being sent to prison IS your punishment.

Why jail someone in a nice way for 30 years instead of in a cruel way
for 15 years?

Well?

Don't you find it absurd that in the UK, TV is a human right in jail?

No.

Why do you want to be nice to someone who has committed a crime serious enough to be jailed?

--
Why is Bin Laden like a pair of tights?
Because he irritates bush!