Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Portable compressed air tank

On 22/03/2016 21:46, Gareth Magennis wrote:
Right,

I would really like a very small, cheap, air tank that I can charge
every now and again at the local garage (i.e. can be filled with a
standard car tyre pump).
I would also like it to include one of these, to blow all the dust from
the heatsinks and chassis in Power Amplifiers, amongst other things.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-19...AOSwpzdWrsU q

Does such a thing exist? Are retail tyre pumps powerful enough to charge
these?
I've been Googling but don't know the connector terminology that says
"you can charge this with your local tyre pump".

I've found lots of portable air tanks aimed at Motorsports, but I'm
really not sure about the local tyre pump mechanism thingy to charge it.

Cheers,

Gareth.

I use a ,noisy, 1KW Martindale blower on dusty chassis, only the grease
stays in place after a quick session with that, outdoors of course.