Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default Replacement LED?

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:56:48 -0700, DaveC wrote:

Jeff Liebermann sez:

Looks like the flashing LED is a common problem:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?417142-Replacement-LED

That’s my post on canblepowerforums.com. (c:

Oops(tm).

Like I mumbled previously, see if there's a dome type LED under a plastic
lens. You'll probably need to unsolder the LED leads to do this. If they
really are two parts, it should be possible to find a replacement LED.

Will do.

If you can't identify the LED by the power output, try measuring the
current drain with a new battery. Multiply the current with your
measured 4V, and you should get the power in watts. That should tell
you if you should be looking for a 1/2, 1, or 1.5v LED.

You mean 1/2, 1, or 1.5 *watt* LED, yes?

Oops 2.0(tm). I was in a rush to get out of door. Sorry. Also, I
just noticed that there is no such thing as an individual 1.5w LED.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D