Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default ...And that's why I keep SharkBite End Caps in the shop

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:17:39 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Are you frigging kidding me?

In your earlier post you said:

"The ideal solution would be to install one of those flexible copper (or
stainless steel) pipes made for water heaters."

Note the word *ideal*.

So are you saying that you don't prefer *ideal* solutions?

I did see a house where all the plumbing froze, and the ends of
both of those spiral tubes separated from the tubes. But none of that
stuff is made for freezing, and I'd think all those ribs would cause
excessive pressure on the pipe, because the ice would be applying a lot
of pressure against every rib.

I would not normally recommend them, because they are really not needed,
and they are costly. But in this thread, it was mentioned that the pipes
were not properly aligned and I thought that would be an easy way to
correct it, rather than redoing more pipes.

"Easy" rarely equates to "ideal". Which word are you now going with as far
as the flexible WH tubes? Easy or Ideal?

In the case of my repair, the ideal solution turned out to be fairly easy.
One extra fitting and a shim. Now I have straight copper (just like you like
it) and everything lines up perfectly and in a relaxed manner.

It actually would have been more work to go out and buy your "ideal"
solution than it was to solder a few fittings.

If you want to play word games, go play them with someone who wants to
play. I dont!

I tried to be helpful since I've done my share of plumbing. Your pipe
was offset, I offerred you a solution. If you didnt like it, and found a
better way to do it. that's you choice. But if you want to play your
****ing games, go play them with someone who gives a flying ****!

I'm finished with this thread!