Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default ...And that's why I keep SharkBite End Caps in the shop

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:37:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/21/2016 5:50 PM,
wrote:

PEX is for people who are too lazy to do REAL Plumbing. It's about the
same as running a garden hose to your sink, toilet, or whatever else. It
may seem durable and strong, but for how long? It's plastic, and like
all plastics, it has a limited life span. Some day in the future you'll
come home and find your house flooded because this plastic crap broke.

REAL PLUMBING is made from metal, and is a PIPE, not a HOSE!

Oh man, that is funny. The start of this thread was about a copper tube
leaking. Yeah, metal pipe is perfect! PEX has been in use for about 60
years now.

Any pipe can develop a leak, and the copper was a pin hole, not a
gushing fully broken pipe. If a PEX connector comes apart, it will
result in a flood, not a small puddle.

PEX may have been developed 60 years ago, but it was not allowed in
America until recently, and is still not allowed by code in some parts
of the country, and for GOOD REASON! I dont know if it's allowed in my
part of the country, and I really dont care, but if I had any say in
local codes, I would vote against it. (But I dont have any say).
No matter how you look at it, it's a HOSE, not REAL PLUMBING!

I do know it will never be used in any home I live in!

If they spotted you they wouldn't let you in your part of the country.

--
Tekkie