Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running a Garden Hose 16.8 Miles.....

On 3/22/2016 12:16 AM, wrote:
There would be considerable altitude difference, because that river is
the low point, and the hose would go downward a lot, then have to go
back up hill to his house.

I dont know what the altitude difference would be, nor how to determine
the altitude of my home, his home, and the river. But I do know there
are a lot of hills and valleys and some are quite steep!

Actually, how does someone find out the altitude of their home (or any
other place)? Is this something that can be found on the web, based on
the physical address?

You may be able to find a topographical map of your
area. The valleys and peaks don't make any difference,
the down cancels out the up. What matters are source
and destination.

-
..
Christopher A. Young