Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default ...And that's why I keep SharkBite End Caps in the shop

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 04:17:12 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 3:26:06 AM UTC-4, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 18:38:59 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

question forr the poster in morton grove where PEX isnt approved.

do the big box stores like home depot and lowes sell it anyway??

Sure do.

When I looked at your link it appeared that your village recently adopted the overall
Illinois plumbing code. Maybe I read it wrong, but Section 890 of the state code appears
to allow PEX. Are you saying that your village adopted the state code and then
amended it to be more restrictive PEX?

Yes. I copied and pasted the relevant sections, which said "delete"
and "replace with."

If so, do you know why?

My assumption is they are protecting the building trades.
The Chicago way.