Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default An actual home repair question

On 3/21/2016 11:35 AM, Shade Tree Guy wrote:
House built in the mid 40's with cast iron drains in the crawl space. Already replaced the 40 or so feet of terra cotta sewer pipe w/black ABS and Fernco couplings years ago.
Recently had a section of the drainage system under the house rotted out and I replaced the length with ABS fittings. Now plan on replacing the toilet drain, flange and the rest with ABS this Summer
Question is: I've been told some cities allow ABS while others don't
How do I find out without going to the permit dept and getting "outed" for what's been done already.

Never mind. This dumb-assed city hasn't stepped up into the modern world yet

CCPed from Plumbing codes:
ABS and PVC drainage piping installations are not allowed

Simple. Do what works and don't involve the permit department. Is it
going to be visible? If so, box it in if you ever sell the house. If
you live there until you die, who cares?