Posted to alt.home.repair

Default An actual home repair question

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 08:35:17 -0700 (PDT), Shade Tree Guy
wrote:

House built in the mid 40's with cast iron drains in the crawl space. Already replaced the 40 or so feet of terra cotta sewer pipe w/black ABS and Fernco couplings years ago.
Recently had a section of the drainage system under the house rotted out and I replaced the length with ABS fittings. Now plan on replacing the toilet drain, flange and the rest with ABS this Summer
Question is: I've been told some cities allow ABS while others don't
How do I find out without going to the permit dept and getting "outed" for what's been done already.

Never mind. This dumb-assed city hasn't stepped up into the modern world yet

CCPed from Plumbing codes:
ABS and PVC drainage piping installations are not allowed

If you are not involving them, why do you care?