Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default The physics of cars - a question sequence.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:55:48 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

Q1: If an engine is capable of a peak torque of 400nM, what is the force
available at the wheels at a speed of 10m/S?

(more to follow)

Like an explanation of the strange units you appear to be using along
with at least one more parameter such as power output at the peak torque
speed from which to derive the engine rpm or else a simple statement of
the actual rpm at this speed.

Assuming nM means N-m and m/S means m/s, we only need to know the actual
engine rpm figure at which its peak torque was measured, along with an
assumed figure of gearbox efficiency (your question is phrased so as to
imply a motor vehicle of some sort or other), in order to calculate a
valid result.

For all I know, this might be exactly the 'answer' you were fishing
for. :-)

--
Johnny B Good