Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Broke my lathe last night...sigh

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 08:08:44 +0700,
wrote:

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 09:44:34 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 10:25:46 +0700,

wrote:

So now Im lying about ****ing up my lathe? Or Im not lying about
****ing up my lathe and it proves you are a dildo? Make up your mind
boy..its starting to confuse me.

Gunner

Ah but you have, for years, been telling everyone that you were a
"machine repairman" but in the "lathe and blanket" story you stated
that you didn't know what was the problem.

I still dont know what is the problem. Ive not removed the cover from
the gearbox yet and taken a look. Could be a sheared key..though I
suspect its gonna be one of the bevel gears that lost all of its
teeth..or several of the bevel gears.

Or should I as a machine tool repair guy..have x-ray vision, and be
able to peer though cast iron? Really?

Quite obvious why you can't hold a job and pay your bills.

Bills? All my bills are paid, with the exception of the property
taxes. Most of my 'spare" cash has been going to getting my vehicles
up and running. The E350 will be out of the shop next week, since I
paid for the new crank, bearings and seals. The Venture will be
rebuilt by myself, as the cheapest place that will do it wants $1300,
and I can get the complete parts kit for $200. Never rebuilt one
before..am NOT looking forwards to doing it...burrr. The Ranger will
need the heads removed and a valve job done. Seems the mechanic that
looked at it last year was wrong..its not a hole in a piston..its 2
burned valves. Least thats what the mechanic said who looked into the
cylinders with a borescope 2 weeks ago said. Im not a vehicle
mechanic. I rebuild an engine once before..30 yrs ago..and had spare
parts left over. It ran..but I sold it shortly thereafter. No idea
if it kept running or not. But I did warn the buyer repeatedly.

You might have noticed Ive not been on here for 4+ days. Finishing a
job at Weber Metals, in Paramont, California. Where I was working as
an assistant to a millwright, who pays me rather well. Ive posted a
link to the photos of the job I finished yesterday. Others Ive done in
the past several months...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02602/PFRoller

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...rentProjects02

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...igForgingPress

The above are fascinating places, well run, well organized and turn
out some fascinating work. Unfortunately..there are few places that do
"big metal" left in California.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../PTEngineering

We will be repairing this one in a few months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOBaxJ-UkSw

Ive stated repeatedly..I still have work. I just dont have enough
work, as business flees California. Loosing 28 clients in the past 5
yrs was a real hit. I auctioned off 6 of those clients, boxed up 11
more and moved them out of state, and shut down the remaining 9, with
the auctions handled by the owners themselves. Oh..I didnt physically
auction them off..but found auctioneers, did the inventories etc etc,
fixed up anything that needed fixing and walked away. Sigh

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...GosscoShutdown
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...GosscoShutdown
https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...erometTakedown

This was one of the biggest...shrug..but I did find jobs for most of
the employees. At least..the good ones

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422.../ShopsIveBuilt
http://www.bidscalifornia.com/califo...STRIES-INC.htm

Say...have you see this yet?

http://www.sciencealert.com/german-h...fusion-machine

What ever are you trying to say? You post a bunch of pictures from
your own site and claim it is work that you have accomplished.

Then you post the mane and address of a company called GERTLER
INDUSTRIES INC in Costa Mesa which obviously has nothing to do with
Mad Dog Contractor somewhere in the high desert slums and finally you
post a site that talks about a German firm that build a fusion

VBG You really hate it when I prove you to be a liar, dont you?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...iesCostaMesaCa

machine, written by (apparently) a woman named Fiona Macdonald.

Thought that would catch your attention. VBG Now figure out why.

I can't figure out what your claim to fame is. You show no proof that
you actually built all your photographed shops, or that your any part
of Gertler Industries, or that your name is Fiona.

Snicker..want some scans of Gertler check stubs? VBG

What is next? A photo of Washington Monument? The Bay Bridge? Mt.
Rushmore? A skirt and flapping wrist? "Ooooo my name is "Fiona"now".

What..you going in drag now? Hey..thats totally up to you
John....er..Fiona