Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Broke my lathe last night...sigh

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 07:51:01 -0700, wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 17:18:20 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:40:47 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Karl Townsend fired this volley in
:

The jackass that owned it before me installed
a roll pin there. DAMN

And somebody after it didn't check to see what was there... Mmmmmm?

I'm not "superior" to anyone here, but I can guarantee you that I've been
over every single nut, bolt, pin, and any other mechanical elements on my
two major machines. That, because I cannot afford their loss for even a
week.

I HAD a loss, due to a direct lightning strike on our building ... and it
damned-near put me out of business. It didn't, but it surely came near
to doing it.

So, I look at EVERYTHING, now, as a potential interruption to business.
We don't even leave machines connected to the mains when we're out,
anymore (even if they have long-pole "Bulldog" switches!)

LLoyd

We all have "not done what we should have done" more than once. Karl
didnt check for a roll pin..I didnt make sure that the blanket was not
going to get hung up...we live and learn..those of us who survive the
****up. Complacety or confidence...**** happens.

There is a big difference between overlooking a hidden problem not of
one's making, and committing gross negligence. Yes, **** does happen
to all of us, but it certainly happens to people like you a lot more
often. When your life is smacked yet again, and the story involves a
blanket and a dog, it's time to smarten up. Too bad you're incapable.

Snicker....