Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.com is offline

Default List of insulation brands/products containing asbestos?

Did you ever end up testing this insulation?
We just found the same thing in our 1952 bungalow
and are worried it might contain asbestos!

When in doubt - have it properly sampled & tested in a lab.
Get expert advice - on site.
Asbestos isn't always a problem - if kept undisturbed.
( keeping others from disturbing it is another challenge )
Removal is a job for professionals with all the proper training and
equipment.
I have seen asbestos in window caulk ; electrical panel-board ;
wall plaster & wall board ; floor tile backing ; JM siding ;
... heard of it in ceiling tiles - I've not actually seen that one.
as well as all the usual places - pipe & duct insulation ; brake
shoes .. furnace, oven, heaters, etc
John T.