Posted to alt.home.repair
droyce droyce is offline

Default Cigarette Smoke Detector

replying to pennsylady2002, droyce wrote:
pennsylady2002 wrote:

Does anyone know if such a thing as a *cigarette* smoke detector is
manufactured and sold? A friend I know is thinking of an investment
property he wants to lease as ABSOLUTELY non-cigarette-smoke-friendly.
He's at a loss how he could end a tenant's lease if there's no way of
legally entering and proving cigarette smoking is going on in a
building in our state (PA).

Yes there are such things........ Trying to find the price on them and
some reviews ..... now that is a bit more problematic.

So far I have found this site that has no prices.... thinking it might be
expensive, but the beauty of it is that you can have it send you a text
message. I do not know if any laws would prevent this type of thing.......
given that it is legal (in my state) to have a lease that says no
smoking..... I would guess it is, but because I would figure it was only
effective if the tenant didn't know about it, I am not sure that part is
legal.

http://www.cigarettesmokedetector.co...collection.htm

I also found this one..... but it is from the UK and because it uses the
Lithium battery they cant ship it to the US.... (You could contact them to
see if they can ship without the battery and if there is one in the US
that can be used instead.)

https://www.locksonline.co.uk/Puff-A...Indicator.html