Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop[_2_] Charles Bishop[_2_] is offline

Default Best order for refurbishing house

In article ,
"Ashton Crusher" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 07:53:51 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Best order for refurbishing house

I will most likely be moving and will be redoing the house to make it
ready for sale. What's the best order for doing these things... I'm
thinking it's the order listed below.

- interior paint
-redo shower/tub
- flooring
- cabinets/counters

redo shower/tub (if there will be paint above shower tiles, paint there
first)
interior paint
cabinets/counters
flooring (unless you want it UNDER the cabinets)

Having read thru all the replies that seems to be more or less the
consensus and seems like a reasonable way to go.

I'm not so sure. I came in late to the thread so I may have missed
something though.

Interior paint should be last in my experience to avoid dinging it up
when doing the other work. The prep work can be done while you're doing
the other work.

As others have said though, check with local realtors to see if you will
get your investment back. Of course, if the house sells quicker, and you
"lose" a couple of thousand, then you may be better off.

Charles