Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Engine Management Units

On 3/17/2016 8:01 AM, MJC wrote:
In article , says...

Nowadays
all enamel copper seems to be clear, but back in the day the enamel was a
sort of deep plum shade - which is what I see here. I'll do some searches
for pictures of TW and see if some match what I see on this board....

I didn't know modern enamel had gone clear. Sounds like a recipe for
confusion! Even if all enamel is now also the sort that turns into flux
if you try to solder the wire...

Mike.

Far as I've seen, the latest change (20 yrs) was to a higher
temperature enamel that is Brown. The change was made for electric
motors because with VFD's they can run at higher temperatures.
Mikek