Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Battery testing

wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 10:15:07 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 09:33:25 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

A bank of old sealed beam headlights works great. And you can use
them to draw a battery right down to dead if you want - unlike a
glow
plug which you will most likely burn out.

I certainly -don't- want to drain them dead, so I use my 20 Amp solar
panel controller to cut off the load when the battery drops to 10.7V.

If you don't have solar a 12VDC to 120VAC inverter with a lamp or
heater load will work, but may cycle on and off. The solar
controller's cutoff and reconnect voltages are programmable.

I just measured a 4001 round high beam as 3.0A at 12.8V.

--jsw