Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Best order for refurbishing house

On 3/18/2016 9:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:18:28 -0700, "Ashton Crusher"
wrote:

Best order for refurbishing house

I will most likely be moving and will be redoing the house to make it
ready for sale. What's the best order for doing these things... I'm
thinking it's the order listed below.

- interior paint
-redo shower/tub
- flooring
- cabinets/counters

Check with a couple of real estate agents in your area. Paint and
flooring colors should be a neutral color. Don't spend money on things
that will not increase the sales price. When I detailed properties,
they were in move in condition and usually sold on the first day or
two. A few times for cash.

My neighbor did extensive renovations not needed before moving. He made
the mistake of putting the house for sale in the late fall where
pictures outside were not real attractive. Also listed too high and
ended up getting maybe $125,000 below initial asking price.

Guy that bought it renovated it. He tore out one new bathroom to put in
a complete another to satisfy his elderly grandfather.

I agree, Oren, don't put money in house and expect to get it back.