Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT(ish) - lies, damned lies and ballet dancers (Grauniad)

"News" wrote in message
In message , Tim Watts
writes
On 17/03/16 07:53, News wrote:

Mentioning dishwashers, ours (Cheapo Beko Tesco) stopped draining
properly, leaving an inch or so of water in the bottom of the machine.
Removed and cleaned the filters which were not particularly manky, and
that helped, but did not completely clear the problem. Ran the hottest
wash and that seems to have fixed it, the implication being that
something disgusting had slowly built up in the drainage area.

You want to run a hot wash once a week and run some dishwasher cleaner
through at least 4 times a year IME - the former will keep the bugs down
and the latter does seem to work rather well. For the latter, I take the
filters out, clean the lumpy bits off and then put them loose in the
machine so they get washed too.

Interestingly, I wrote the above yesterday morning and, by the time I used
the DW later, an inch of water had built up in the bottom of the machine
again. Last night, I ran the hottest wash and afterwards, no water in the
bottom. By this morning, there is perhaps half an inch of water in the
bottom again. Time for further investigation.

Most likely the inlet solenoid has scale etc letting it leak a little when
off.