Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Heated towel rail/radiator

On 18/03/2016 18:11, David wrote:
We have TRVs on our heated towel rails.

Not a problem in warmer weather because:

(1) It is a TRV so doesn't kick in if the room is warm

(2) You can always turn it down to "frost protect" if you are worried.

We don't usually need heat in the summer to dry the towels - if you think
that you will need heat then the logical thing is to use the electrical
option in addition to wet heating.

Cheers

Dave R

Thank you Dave. If I understand right, you turn your TRVs round the
house down, and (if needed) simply turn the towel rail one up. Not
having a heated towel rail, I have simply been assuming that in the
intermediate months, we will need some heating for drying some the time.

--
Rod