Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do "volt sticks" work on armoured cable?

Tim+ wrote:

I thought I'd buy some of those cheap volt sticks mentioned here recently.
Seem to work fine on ordinary cable but not on my armoured incomer.

My Kewstick Uno detects normal flex as live from any angle/orientation,
it detects arctic flex as live *unless* you have the tip directly over
the earth core with the tool perpendicular to the cable, but it will
*not* detect any live indication whatsoever from 2.5mm^2 SWA.