Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT(ish) - lies, damned lies and ballet dancers (Grauniad)

On Thursday, 17 March 2016 16:51:38 UTC, Steve Walker wrote:
On 11/03/2016 16:50, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 11 March 2016 15:29:14 UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 10 March 2016 20:04:27 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
GB wrote
Andy Burns wrote
David wrote

"The average 10-minute shower uses 60 litres of water. A power
shower uses three times that and a bath about 80 litres

If I put the plug in while having a power shower, the bath is about
half full by the end, not flooding the bathroom as that suggests ...

http://www.waterwise.org.uk/news.php...misconceptions

"According to the study, the average eight-minute shower used 62
litres of hot water, and some power showers can use up to 136
litres, compared with an average bath's 80 litres. ...

Our own research shows that a 'waterwise shower' - getting the job
done in four minutes under a water-efficient showerhead -uses just
32 litres."

If I have a bath, I often let some of the water out, so I can run
more hot in. I wonder whether that's been allowed for?

They haven't mentioned anything about how efective a shower and bath
are.

True.

is a 10 miniute shower as effective as a 30 min bath ?

Much more effective for some things, particularly for washing the head
and hair etc.

I dont; wash my head or hair while having a bath. I do tend to feel
cleaner afetr a bath than a shower and I alwas feel more relaxed after a
bath than a shower, maybe it;'s because a shower is meant to be quick,
while a bath is a place where you relax, dream and fart ;-)

and you can have a glass of something while you are relaxing.

Hardly worth opening a bottle just for one glass. ;-)

You can buy glasses that hold an entire bottle.

I know a friend has some really massive wine galasses will hold much more than a bottle, but they are used for musical things she uses a chello bow on the rims to create ambient music.

http://sophiecoopermusic.com/tag/the...p-carousel-840