Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What's It Gonna Be ?

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Been a long time since I posted one of these.

So, here you go. First picture.

http://yumabassman.com/forums-new/ga..._12_05_55.jpeg

P.S. Iggy, Recognize that piece of metal?

What it's gonna be is squarer to the axis after you face off the saw
cut?

That hopefully will be one of its properties.

A custom fishing reel spool?

Oh, we are so not even close now.

Hint: This piece is steel, Fishing reel spools are typically aluminum to
minimize weight, and reduce inertial over spin (backlash).

I'll post another picture soon. I'm just afraid that the next picture
(after the first machining operation) might give it away to easily to some
folks.