Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Guns in America

On 3/17/2016 3:22 PM, Bod wrote:
On 17/03/2016 20:17, SeaNymph wrote:
On 3/17/2016 2:26 PM, Aardvark wrote:
SeaNymph Wrote in message:
On 3/16/2016 7:02 PM, Aardvark wrote:
SeaNymph Wrote in message:
On 3/16/2016 2:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 19:21:16 -0000, 83LowRider
wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:07:19 -0000, 83LowRider
wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:
One day America will grow up....

How about you google the phrase 'homeowner shoots intruder'?

Do you have a point? At least our intruders aren't armed.

My point is that if and intruder comes into my home, it doesn't
matter if he is carrying a knife or a gun or a big stick. I have
the right to be armed against that intruder. The very act of him
coming into my home tells me he has some sort of malicious
intent. I want him in the hospital, or dead.

So maybe you have no family, maybe you live in a safe
little gated community... howz about you google 'store owner
shoots robber'. Ten million results. Same point as above.
HTH.

You completely ignored what I just said. Our intruders are not
armed.

And yet another stupid statement. Get your head out of the sand why
don't you?

For the most part, SN, he's right.

Is that similar to being a little bit pregnant or sort of dead?

Nope.

He made a statement, and that statement is false. There were no
qualifiers to the statement, just something posted as if it was fact.
The statement cannot be proven or verified as it's written. The onus
for
clarity lies with the poster.

Please allow me to explain anecdotally. Personally, I've heard of
burglaries in the UK in which the offenders were in possession of
a firearm. Vaguely- I couldn't tel you of a specific case
offhand.

I know of many Instances of homes having been burgled -I was
burgled once myself (that's an amusing story),- but none of those
instances included use of a firearm, or any weapon at
all.

The guy most probably has the same anecdotal experience which
tells both of us that if we came across a burglar in our home,
the likelihood of that person being armed is very
low.

The likelihood of that person having a firearm is so remote that
it isn't worth considering.

Do you understand now?

And that's fine, but it doesn't change what I said, which I believe to
be perfectly logically and correct. And I'm not suggesting that a
firearm is the only way for a criminal to arm themselves.

Indeed, you'd be surprised at the damage that can be done from a well
aimed scone ;-)

Especially if it's stale.