Posted to alt.home.repair
cmrentals cmrentals is offline

Default waterproofing laminate flooring

replying to sweetninja, cmrentals wrote:
sweetninja.2lckwq wrote:

My flooring is already installed and there are a few spots where water
has
caused swelling...isn't there ANYTHING that I can use to seal this
floor? The
Swedish store told me no. Please, someone tell me
different!!!

I knew you were not supposed to seal. But went to Home Depot bought bottle
of diluted floor finish in Satin, made for hardwood floors squirted down &
smoothed out with Swiffer wet jet w/dry pad, dries in mins. Then went back
over again stuck just fine, has been down now for almost 1 year still
looks fine. I put down heavy enough to make sure cracks were sealed,
wouldn't hesitate to do again...May even plan to do once a year looks so
good!