Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to seal crack in concrete slab?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 14:20:36 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

I have a very thin hairline crack in my conrete slab, right in the middle
of the garage doorway. It is barely visible and is so thin I can't even
feel it with my fingers. Unfortunately, water still finds it's way into the
crack on the outside of the garage door and seeps along the crack to the
inside of the garage. So, I would like to seal up the crack before it turns
into a bigger issue.

Any recommendations?

Most crack sealers seem to be made for larger cracks, so I'm not sure they
would even get down into my hairline crack.

Thanks,

Anthony Watson

You might try a motor mix but you would have to rub it in by hand. You
could tape down to minimize it to a confined space.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_354681-286-124115_0__

I do minor hairline cracks this way on stucco, using a pre-mix stucco.
Just rub it in to force it in the crack.