Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Square D electrical panel question

On 3/17/2016 10:44 AM, TimR wrote:
On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 8:49:12 AM UTC-4, SeaNymph wrote:
On 3/16/2016 7:18 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:57:32 -0500, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 3/16/2016 2:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 23:43:47 -0000, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 3/13/2016 3:52 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 20:32:13 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/13/2016 1:05 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:59:53 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/10/2016 1:51 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 04:39:20 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/6/2016 10:25 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
...there goes my mind off on a tangent again....SQUIRREL! o_O

shhhhhhhhhhhh!! The dog barks like crazy if we even HINT at that
word.
We have to call them 'tree rats'.

Are American squirrels the same as UK ones? I ask because your
robins
are like our blackbirds. Our robins are red.

Don't know if your squirrels are the same as ours.

We have these two:

Red squirrel (despite the filename):
http://www.uksafari.com/jpeg3/greysquirrel01.jpg
Grey squirrel:
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...l1_665805c.jpg

I think we have both, here. Funny thing, I went to let the dog out and
a big fat red squirrel was sitting on the back porch. I opened the
door
quickly and and said "get it" to the dog and I've never seen her exit
that fast before! The squirrel about became doggy food, too, that
time.

Squirrels are lovely creatures that do no harm. They are not like rats
that pee everywhere and chew up garbage.

They're vermin.

No, because they don't pee everywhere and chew up garbage. They're no
more vermin than a robin.

They chew up everything, plastic, metal, wood, paper, trying to get to
food.

Of course, I think robins are stupid and don't much care for them either.
The black squirrels will tear the heck out of your garbage cans too -
and chew into plastic garbage pails.

They are bushy-tailed rats with a publicity agent.

I've seen a few black squirrels, but never around here.

Common courtesy would require you to say where "here" is.

I'm going by memory so I may this reversed, but I looked it up when I lived in Germany a decade ago.

The native European squirrel was the red squirrel, which eats exclusively pine cones. The invading North American gray squirrel eats anything and outcompeted the red squirrel in the UK and was spreading.

The reason I looked it up is that I was curious about the Deutsch word for squirrel, Eichhoernchen (little oak crescent, a reference to the curved waving tail.) Why call it an oak crescent when they eat only pine? None of my German friends knew. But it turned out the Eich did not originally mean oak but came from an older dialect where it meant quick.

I live in Minnesota.